People like chiropractic because it approaches health in a natural, safe, drug-free manner.
WHAT DOES A CHIROPRACTOR DO?
Your doctor of chiropractic is specially trained to analyze your body for subluxations. Using special chiropractic adjustment techniques, your chiropractor safely, gently and painlessly corrects your subluxations, ridding your body of this health-damaging condition.
COULD YOU BENEFIT FROM CHIROPRACTIC?
Walk into a chiropractor’s office and who do you see? People with all kinds of problems: colds, flu, allergies, hearing problems, ear infections, spinal or disc problems, pain, whiplash, arthritis, insomnia, stress, vision problems, headaches, PMS, bed-wetting, colic, high blood pressure—the list is very long. For over a hundred years people have visited their neighborhood doctor of chiropractic for nearly every health condition! (1-6)
HOW DO WE GET SUBLUXATIONS?
Subluxations are caused by stress of all kinds including physical stress such as poor posture, accidents, sitting or working in the same position for long periods, sports injuries and any kind of physical trauma even if seemingly mild.
It may surprise you to discover that a stressful birth or a childhood fall can cause health problems that may not surface until decades later. Without a chiropractic checkup these old, long-standing subluxations may never be found and corrected. The result? Adults with physical and/or emotional dis-ease or malfunction and subsequent health problems.
Studies reveal that nearly everyone has subluxations; it is a “hidden epidemic.” For that reason you and your family need to see a doctor of chiropractic for a checkup—just as you get your eyes, teeth, and blood pressure checked!
- Ressel O, Rudy R. Vertebral subluxation correlated with somatic, visceral and Immune complaints: an analysis of 650 children under chiropractic care. Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research. October 18, 2004;1-23.
- Boone WR, Oswald P, Holt K et al. Long term assessment of blood indices and immune panel profiling of subjects receiving chiropractic care: a pilot study. Journal of Vertebral Subluxation Research. June 7, 2006;1-11.
- Alcantara J, Ohm J, Kunz D. Treatment-related aggravations, complications and improvements attributed to chiropractic spinal manipulative therapy of pediatric patients: a practice-based survey of practitioners. Pediatric CAM Research Day, University of Alberta, Canada. December 11, 2007.
- Nyiendo J, Olsen E. Characteristics of 217 children attending a chiropractic college teaching clinic. JMPT. 1988;11(2):78-84.
- Clum G. Jocks and chiropractic care. The Latest Stuff from Gerry. November 1998 issue (on-line).
- Lauro A, Mouch B. Chiropractic effects on athletic ability. Chiropractic: The Journal of Chiropractic Research and Clinical Investigation. 1991;6:84-87.